Monday, March 29, 2010

Stuff I Like #9: Sixlets


When I was a kid, I lived in a tiny, tiny town in Kentucky. There were only two stoplights, and if you blinked, you'd miss it on the way through. Needless to say, there wasn't much entertainment. However, we kids were pretty good at entertaining ourselves back then. We would ride our bikes around town, go wading in the river, hang out at someone's house, play make-believe, and generally spend all the time we could outside. One of our favorite things to do was to head down to the local convenient store.

Ours was called Mr. Miser's. I don't think that anyone named Miser owned the store, and I don't know why anyone would call their store Miser. We loved it. They had Slush Puppies and candy of every kind. You could go in with a dollar and come out with a sack full of candy.

My favorite was Sixlets. M & Ms don't compare. These little candy coated balls of chocolatey goodness trump the other guys hands down! M&Ms all taste the same to me. Sixlets have an individual taste for each color of candy coating! I think the orange ones taste the best.

You can still find Sixlets in some stores. I recently found some at the local Dollar Tree. Go find some today, and you'll never want M&Ms again!

1 comment:

  1. Sixlets are yummy! Haven't had them in forever. :)

    ReplyDelete