Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stuff I Like #15: Jim Henson


Jim Henson is an American Legend, in my opinion. I honestly feel sorry for the kids growing up today who didn't have The Muppet Show to watch. He created such memorable characters--Kermit, Miss Piggy, Beaker, Animal, Fonzie! Not to mention the Skeksis in The Dark Crystal. I never would have imagined that puppets could be so expressive, memorable, and become such beloved icons.

One of the things I loved most about The Muppet Show was that Henson brought actors, actresses, musicians, and I believe even some politicians onto the show. It was satirical and fun, and not the mean humor that I see so often these days. It was a way for kids to relate to these public figures. I would love to see someone bring it back!

At the same time, Henson left a legacy. The Jim Henson company is still very involved in movie making now. I love their work in the Sci-fi show Farscape. I am so glad that Henson's spirit still lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment