Monday, August 1, 2011

Stuff I Like #23: Wil Wheaton


I'm going to admit it. I had a crush on Wil Wheaton when I was a kid. As a hardcore TrekkieTeen, he was the only one that was anywhere near close enough to my age to crush on.

Now that I'm an adult, I don't really have a crush on him any longer, but his coolness factor is over 9000! He's grown up to be a full-blown geek of his own. He role plays, is a reader, and a writer. Geek is sexy in my book, and readers and writers make it even more sexy!

I also love that he shows up in my favorite TV shows! Even funnier, he is the bad guy. He was such a Boy Scout on Star Trek:TNG, but he makes a great bad guy! He was a great evil hacker on Leverage. He's a hilarious nemesis for Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. Most recently, he was an angry slug-eating scientist on Eureka. His life must be so much fun.

On top of that, he got to grow up with such amazing actors as his mentors! He got to see Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, and Brent Spiner on a daily basis! How cool must that childhood have been? I would have given my first-born to have that kind of experience! I am entirely jealous of his experience growing up.

Wil Wheaton, you're my favorite geek!

1 comment:

  1. Have to agree. Cool guy, went with what he likes, and how can that be faulted. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete